Wednesday 28 March 2007

Help, I Can't Breathe. ... Your Perfume ... Gasp!

Ever have your throat swell up and become painful from a few breaths of perfume-laden air? Happens to me with most perfumes and colognes. Perfume worn subtly doesn't usually bother me much, but then there are people who wear a lot. And they don't seem to notice. I guess after wearing so much perfume for so long, they have burned out the sensitivity of their own nose - so they use more and more perfume as their nose becomes less and less sensitive. This results in a painful chemical assault on all those nearby.

And I have a mild allergy to perfumes. Imagine what happens to those with more severe perfume allergies.

Check out these stories:

maybe you should, um, tone down that perfume a bit?

Woman's scent not 'Very Irrésistible' to Calgary bus drivers

No comments: